BOSU stands for Body-Oriented Surface. It is a cylinder shaped, inflatable ball with handles on each end. You balance on the ball and do a variety of exercises such as squats, lunges and pushups. In this article, we will be providing 7 basic BOSU balance exercises that are easy to learn yet effective for your fitness routine. Read on!
Benefits of Balance Exercises
Balance exercises are a great way to improve your balance and overall fitness. They can help to improve your coordination, strength, and balance.
Some of the benefits of Balance Exercises include:
- improved balance and coordination
- stronger muscles throughout your body
- better posture
- better sleep habits
- increased strength and endurance
There are many different types of Balance Exercises that you can do. Some of the most popular include:
- walking on your heels
- balancing on one foot for 30 seconds
- using a Bosu ball to perform pushups and squats
Examples of Balance Exercises for Specific Groups
Balance exercises are essential for anyone looking to improve their balance and overall fitness. Here are a few examples of basic balance exercises that can be done by individuals of all ages and fitness levels.
- Balancing on one foot: This exercise is great for beginners because it requires little coordination and minimal equipment. Simply stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and balance on one foot while keeping the other leg straight. Try to keep your body as still as possible, and focus on keeping your head, shoulders, hips, and heels in line.
- Walking on unstable surfaces: This exercise is perfect for those who want to improve their stability and strength in their ankles, knees, and hips. Walk on an unstable surface (like a wobble board) with your eyes closed and try to keep your whole body as still as possible. Be sure to move slowly at first until you get the hang of it!
- Standing tall with good posture: This exercise is great for improving balance and coordination in the entire body. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold onto a sturdy object (like a railing) for support while maintaining good posture. Keep your chin up and head balanced forward so that you don’t lose your balance
Tips for Each Balance Exercise
- When performing balance exercises, it is important to be aware of your body and how it is reacting during the exercise.
- To improve your stability and coordination, it is important to use proper form for each balance exercise.
- Make sure to focus on your core muscles while performing these exercises.
- Be patient and take your time with these exercises; they will payoff in the benefits they provide to your workout.
Safety Precautions and Equipment Needed
Before beginning any BOSU exercises, it is important to take some basic safety precautions. The BOSU Balance Trainer can be a dangerous piece of equipment if not used properly. To ensure your safety, make sure to wear the following safety gear:
-A sturdy pair of workout shoes
-A weightlifting belt
-A basketball or similar size ball
Once you have prepared your equipment, it is time to get started with the exercises. These exercises will work your entire body and will help you achieve a better workout. Here are a few basic exercises that you can do on the BOSU Balance Trainer:
-The Reverse Lunge
How to Perform 7 Basic BOSU Balance Exercises
If you’re looking to up your workout game, incorporating balance exercises into your routine is a great way to do it. These seven basic exercises will help improve your balance, coordination, and strength.
- Single Leg Balance Bridge
- One-Legged Balance Tug
- Swimming Scissor witharm support
- Chair Flutter Kick
- Swiss Ball Plank with Arm Crawl
- Plank with Weight on Left Foot Only
- Row with Resistance Band
If you want to take your workout to the next level, you need to start incorporating some basic balance exercises into your routine. These exercises will not only help you improve your balance and coordination, but they will also help to strengthen your core muscles.
Some of the best balance exercises to try are the basic standing balance exercises, the side plank exercise, and the walking lunge exercise. All of these exercises will work your abdominal muscles, your lower back muscles, and your quadriceps muscles.
By incorporating these basic balance exercises into your routine, you will not only take your workout to the next level, but you will also improve your overall balance and coordination. So go ahead and start practicing some of these exercises today!